Board member elections are governed by Title 32 of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
Next Board Election for Cherokee Metropolitan District will take place on May 2, 2023
Polling Location: 6250 Palmer Park Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Polling Time: 7:00AM to 7:00PM
Election results will be posted at cherokeemetro.org following the polling place election on May 2, 2023.
Board members included in this election:
- Director Vice President, Walter Herrley, eligible for election to second consecutive term (4 years)
- Director Secretary, Dennis Daniels, eligible for election to second consecutive term (4 years)
Self Nomination Information
- Self Nomination forms must be completed and returned to the Main Office by end of day February 24, 2023
- Self Nomination forms can be picked up at the Main Office or printed by CLICKING HERE
- Completed Self Nomination forms must be brought to the Main Office and be signed off by our DEO, Connie Hughes
Absentee Ballot Information
- Permanent absentee ballot requests for eligible electors may be requested and turned in at 6250 Palmer Park Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80915, no later than April 25, 2023. Applications can be mailed in or brought to the office. For the Absentee Ballot Application, CLICK HERE.
- If you are a registered voter in the State of Colorado and either a resident of the District and/or a property owner within the District, you are eligible to vote and encouraged to participate in the process! As an eligible voter, as determined by the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder and El Paso County Assessor, and if you have requested a Permanent Absentee Ballot from the District in the past, a ballot will be mailed directly to you. If you would like to be added to the Permanent Absentee Ballot list, you may fill out and application found on the Cherokee website or available upon request at our District office, and be added to that list. The State dictates that the voter, a family member or member of the household may turn in and/or sign a Permanent Absentee Ballot Request Form, also referred to as a Permanent Mail-In Ballot Request Form. As long as you submit that request before the close of business on April 25, 2023 (a date set by the State of Colorado), you will be mailed a ballot. You may drop off that request form or mail it to our District head quarters at 6250 Palmer Park Blvd, 80915.
- State law mandates that the Designated Election Official record the date, hour, name, and address of the person delivering in person, any absentee ballot. Therefore, you may not use the payment drop box to drop off your ballot. If you need assistance, our Designated Election Official or other official designee will gladly meet you at your vehicle to receive whatever election material you may need to deliver, whether it is your Absentee Ballot Request or your actual ballot. Simply call ahead to 719-597-5080 and we will meet you at your vehicle.
- If you choose to receive an Absentee Ballot, you may cast that ballot at any time prior to 7:00pm on Election Day by dropping it off or mailing it to 6250 Palmer Park Blvd, 80915. The Ballot must be received no later than 7pm on election day, May 2, 2023.