Turn on Your Water Services
Welcome to Cherokee Metropolitan District! If you have purchased a home or rent in this district. call our customer service representatives at (719) 597-5080 ext. 0. One of the Customer Service Technicians will ask you for information that will need to be on the account.
- Accounts can be set up Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Any account information taken after 3:00 PM will be processed the next business day.
- If you move into your new home Saturday or Sunday and the water is off, you will have to call Monday morning to set up service and schedule a time to have a technician come to your property to turn on your services.
- Water will not be turned on after hours, weekends or Federal Holidays.
- Once you have signed-up for service, you will receive a letter in the mail with your new account number and billing dates.
Additional Renter Requirements
In addition to the information above, renters have additional requirements in order to begin their water services:
- Renters are required to pay a $175.00 deposit. The deposit can be paid over the phone with a debit/credit card ($2.95 processing fee will apply), by check, or money order in the office. Renters can also pay by cash in the office. The deposit stays on the account the entire rental period and will be applied to the final bill when the account is closed. If a refund is due we will mail a check to the address on file. If the deposit does not cover the last statement, a bill will be mailed to the address on file.
- The renter must supply either the landlord or management companies contact information in order to start their service.
Additional Management Company Requirements
In addition to the information above, management companies have additional requirements in order to begin their water services:
- If this is a new address being managed, the management company is required to provide the management agreement between the homeowner and their respective company. Management agreements can be faxed to (179) 597-5145 or emailed toÂ email@example.com.
If you are moving out of our district or wish to end your services, please call 719-597-5080 to cancel your services. We require 24 hours of notice, Monday through Friday, in order to obtain a final meter reading for your property. If you cancel your services between after-hours on Friday and start of the business day on Monday or on a holiday, your request will be processed the following business day. Your services will be shut off within 24 hours after the said business day.
If the new responsible party doesn’t request services at this address, services will be turned off.